Wolters Kluwer is a global provider of professional information, software solutions, and services for clinicians, accountants, lawyers, and tax, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and regulatory sectors. Wolter Kluwer is committed to helping professionals improve the way they do business and solve complex problems with confidence in an ever-changing world. With a history of more than 183 years, Wolters Kluwer’s portfolio represents thousands of customers worldwide including 93% of the Fortune 500 companies.
Xeditor has already been in use for years at some Wolters Kluwer business units, as it allows technical and non-technical authors to collaborate in a controlled environment, regardless of their location. With the aim of accelerating content creation and improving operational performance on a global scale, Wolters Kluwer aims at migrating numerous desktop-based applications to new, more efficient web-based platforms. Moreover, the quality of content should be improved, and metadata management should be integrated, requiring a secure and configurable process, which is easy to use and maintain.
The new tool must meet the following acceptance criteria:
- Validation of documents during operation against the definition of the document type (DTD or XSD) as well as against business rules (Schematron).
- Support of industry-standard XML schemas, with the ability to easily configure custom definitions.
- Satisfying the needs of both technical and non-technical authors. Therefore, the tool must offer an intuitive, Word-like user interface, while also providing the look and feel of a classic XML editor. Individual configuration of these views is a must.
- Smooth integration into the existing CMS, third-party applications and established workflows.
- Fulfilling compliance with security and data protection regulations.
- Extraordinary competence and skill of the vendor’s personnel.