WHAT TO EXPECT
Boost your Content Webinar Series: Part 2
(with Edupartner and Droemer Knaur)
Title: How can content be enriched?
- Carsten Schwab, Head of Publishing and Member of the Executive Board, Edupartner
- Norbert Stengelin, Publishing Director Purchasing, Production and Manufacturing, Droemer Knaur
- Matthias Kraus, CEO Xpublisher (Host)
- Erhardt Heinold, CEO Heinold, Spiller & Partner (Moderator)
Note: This webinar is available in German only.
In professional publishing, assets such as images, videos, and graphics play a central role and are often distributed across different servers. By enriching them with metadata, specialist publishers create real added value with their content. Those who create such content in a strategically sensible way can use it to offer an efficient and fast search or even automatically create personalized products.
The following topics will be discussed:
- Ontology, thesaurus, metadata: A few explanations of terms in advance
- Creating metadata: Manual, automatic, or what?
- Links give context and make content accessible
- From texts to mutlimedial content: What role do audio and video content play?
Find out how this is put into practice at Edupartner and the Droemer Knaur publishing group in the recording of this webinar. You can get immediate access free of charge by completing the contact form.
What's the story behind the Boost your Content webinar series?
For publishers, digitization opens up a whole new range of possibilities for designing innovative media offerings. However, many are still far from taking advantage of these opportunities in the way that would be possible through intelligent content management and creative product design. Too often, content continues to be prepared in a print-oriented manner, even when it is supposedly structured in a "media-neutral" way.
This six-part series of talks, entitled "Boost your Content," aims to help media publishers get more out of their valuable content. Each webinar uses practical examples to show how content enrichment and multimedia exploitation can be implemented in concrete terms. The journey into the future of content preparation begins with the basics of content structuring, continues with product development and ends with the marketing of digital products.
In a discussion moderated by Ehrhardt Heinold, representatives of publishing houses will report on their experiences. The free webinar series is presented by the digitization service providers Xpublisher and Doctronic.
Watch the first webinar in the Boost your Content series here: The basis: Added value through intelligent content structuring.
More webinars in the Boost Your Content series:
- Part 1: The basis: Added value through intelligent content structuring
- Part 3: How to produce structured content and publish it cross-medially?
- Part 4: How innovative, content-based products are created from structured content
- Part 5: How tool-oriented products are created from structured content
- Part 6: Prerequisites for marketing digital products