What to expect
Boost your Content Webinar Series: Part 1
(with Wolters Kluwer and Heise Medien)
Title: The basics: Adding value through intelligent content structuring
- Sven Krantz-Knutzen, Principal Technology Project & Program Manager, Wolters Kluwer
- Pascal Wissner Product Owner, Heise Medien
- Matthias Kraus, CEO Xpublisher (Host)
- Erhardt Heinold, CEO Heinold, Spiller & Partner (Moderator)
Note: This webinar is available in German only.
Why does content need to be structured at all?
The first webinar in the Boost Your Content series deals precisely with this topic. Structured means data-driven. Structuring content therefore forms the basis for intelligent and flexible content management. It enables automated further processing of the content and easy output to various channels with minimal effort. For this reason, it is important to define in advance structural attributes that are important for cross-media content distribution. This process must not be technology-driven, but should be based on product concepts as well as business models.
The following topics will be discussed:
- From business model to structure: how granular content components are created.
- From structure to structure specification: How to develop DTD and schema.
- Between too little and too much: How to avoid the typical mistakes in DTD development.
- In-house or outsourcing: Where should which know-how be available?
Find out how this is put into practice at Wolters Kluwer and Heise Medien in the recording of this webinar. You can get immediate access free of charge by completing the contact form.
What's the story behind the Boost your Content webinar series?
For publishers, digitization opens up a whole new range of possibilities for designing innovative media offerings. However, many are still far from taking advantage of these opportunities in the way that would be possible through intelligent content management and creative product design. Too often, content continues to be prepared in a print-oriented manner, even when it is supposedly structured in a "media-neutral" way.
This six-part series of talks, entitled "Boost your Content," aims to help media publishers get more out of their valuable content. Each webinar uses practical examples to show how content enrichment and multimedia exploitation can be implemented in concrete terms. The journey into the future of content preparation begins with the basics of content structuring, continues with product development and ends with the marketing of digital products.
In a discussion moderated by Ehrhardt Heinold, representatives of publishing houses will report on their experiences. The free webinar series is presented by the digitization service providers Xpublisher and Doctronic.
More webinars in the Boost Your Content series:
- Part 2: How can content be enriched?
- Part 3: How to produce structured content and publish it cross-medially?
- Part 4: How innovative, content-based products are created from structured content
- Part 5: How tool-oriented products are created from structured content
- Part 6: Prerequisites for marketing digital products